Time & Location
About the Event
In Matthew 28:19-20 Jesus said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.”
The challenge before us is to understand what Jesus meant when He said, “Go and make disciples!” From the definition in these verses, two things are made clear:
- A disciple is baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Baptism is covered in First Steps).
- A disciple observes all things that Jesus commanded.
- In this 5 week study, Ps John will lead you on a journey to:
- Understand the difference between a convert and a disciple;
- Understand the commands, cultures and values Jesus expected His disciples to observe. From a detailed study of the New Testament, Ps John has come up with seven cultures that Jesus taught. Every message that Jesus taught or preached was an aspect of one or more of these cultures.
- Discover the Discipleship Inventory which will assist you in your progress to becoming more like Jesus.